This is a Food Security and Nutritional Program that consists of giving away daily rations of banana to supplement the school meal for more than 4,000 children in 16 rural schools, thus contributing to the improvement of their health conditions and cognitive development. The program is followed with preventive health training sessions for children, parents and teachers; and also with home visits for evaluation of what has been learned and progress in height and weight.
- HUMAN RIGHTS MONTH AGROAMERICA PROGRAMS FOR HEALTH & DIGNITY
- WORLD AIDS DAY HIGHLIGHTS THE NEED FOR MORE AWARENESS AND TRAINING
- STUDENTS GRADUATED AGROAMERICA’S MOJARRAS SCHOOL
- AGROAMERICA’S FOOD SECURITY PROGRAM BENEFITS THOUSANDS OF CHILDREN IN RURAL GUATEMALA
- AGROAMERICA TAPS ALLIANCES TO WORK TOWARD UN SDGs
Agriculture Agroamerica agroforestry agua potable Banana bananas banano Caballo Blanco capacitación Centrarse climate change COCODE CONRED CSR dialogue education Escuintla Fernando Bolaños goals Guatemala Gustavo Bolaños health Human Development Center living wage malnutrition Ocos potable water poverty premio a la productividad Quetzaltenango reparación responsibility Retalhuleu RSE safety San José Mogollón San Marcos SDGs SESAN sostenibilidad sustainable training United Nations University of Colorado WWF